View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #1
Fallingwater
Enthusiast
Fallingwater has a spectacular aura aboutFallingwater has a spectacular aura aboutFallingwater has a spectacular aura aboutFallingwater has a spectacular aura aboutFallingwater has a spectacular aura aboutFallingwater has a spectacular aura aboutFallingwater has a spectacular aura aboutFallingwater has a spectacular aura aboutFallingwater has a spectacular aura aboutFallingwater has a spectacular aura aboutFallingwater has a spectacular aura about

Device: Bookeen Cybook Opus
Converting text to jpegs for visualizing on frames/players

I have an eBook I'd like to read on a media player and possibly an old picture frame. Neither has a feature for reading text files.

I unpacked the epub using Calibre and I manually had at the HTML code with a metaphorical chainsaw. All <p> tags were replaced by two carriage returns (ctrl+enter in EditPad's search-and-replace tool), all italic tags were replaced by slashes, and all bold tags by asterisks. Everything else was stripped. The result is one big standard ASCII .txt file that still reads perfectly fine.

I'm aware of two ebook-to-jpg programs: Zune eBook creator and EBook to Images.

I tried the trial version of the former, and it converted all of ONE line, leaving everything else completely blank. Woopty-doo.

The latter does the conversion, but entirely skips all carriage returns, resulting in a condensed wall of text that is very hard to read.

Is there a better way of doing this? Another program perhaps? Or can I just convince Ebook to Images to respect the paragraph spacing somehow? According to screenshots I've seen it should do this natively, but for some reason doesn't.

I've been Googling for the best part of the afternoon, but all it returns are online converters that don't let me specify a resolution and office converters that only do A4 pages, not to mention a lot of useless spammy sites.

Last edited by Fallingwater; 05-24-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Fallingwater is offline   Reply With Quote