Thread: Arc Kobo Arc
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #218
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Cookie View Post
Thanks for your reply Stevov. I did download it although on that site it says: Flash Player WILL NOT be supported on any device shipped with or upgraded to an Android version beyond Android 4.0.x
The Arc is Android 4.0.4.
...which means it should work, at least if you're using a browser that supports it (pretty much anything other than Chrome).

Quote:
Now I need to "Allow installation of non-market apps" and I don't know if I should.
Well, if you want to allow non-Play Store apps, you have to allow it. It's no big deal.

Quote:
If I don't it is not giving me the option of deleting it.
Weird. Maybe you have to keep the option toggled on? Dunno.

Quote:
I am also looking for an app to view doc files. I've been looking in the app store but most of the reviews are not very good. I don't want to end up with a few apps that I can't delete.
Only apps you can't delete (unless something's gone very wrong) are some of the ones that came with the Arc, like the Google apps. Anything you install from the Play Store, or from other sources (though you really should keep those to a minimum - hence having to turn on that option, but that's no problem as long as you're not the "Oooh! Shiny! Must download!" type that downloads screensavers and junk or clicks links in email from people you don't know), should be no problem to delete.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote