View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 04:19 PM   #5
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmw0829 View Post
Many thanks for the reply seaking. Yes I was talking about external SD card memory. I appreciate the perspective on the GB. I have to shake the PC mentality of GB.
Quote:
I have to shake the PC mentality of GB
Hey, man. Don't we all. Right now I am running an interesting experiment. I bought a used phone, a Motorola Droid 1 for $36. I am using it for a small mini tablet. No phone activation. I didn't even realize it when I got it, but it doesn't really have much internal memory. The 16GB it was talking about in the specifications all over the web was on a 16GB SD card that shipped with the original phone. So I got a 32GB SD card and I am good to go.
I just use a feature phone for talking and the occasional text and go with WiFi in all the restaurants, motels, etc., with the Droid 1. Also I have a netbook but it is easier just to have the phone sized devices in your pocket at all times.

Quote:
Martyd -- I own a 16 GB Nexus and am really enjoying it. I have ordered a OTG cable and downloaded a Media app that will do videos, pictures and music, from a stick USB memory. I'm hoping it all works out. Reports on line are good.
Just something to keep in mind if you go with the Nexus and find that the memory is getting tight. It's a low cost solution.
That will work. There are always questions about whether you have to transfer from the USB memory to the internal to do some things. People here on mobileread talk about that, but I don't know.

There is always the downside of having attachments, and things hanging off other things, but heck, I have carried a car/craft jump box to power some of my electronics.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote