View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 05:45 PM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
This is great news! Thanks for sharing.

Jack, I know we've had a similar opinions in the past regarding the iPad resolution. I went to the Apple Store this weekend to check out the iPad mini. I was so looking forward to this size for ages, but the resolution still isn't good enough for me so I am going to stick with the iPad with retina display for now (using 2 column landscape display) and wait for the next mini generation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
I can only barely see out of one eye, but I find reading on the Mini enjoyable. You do have to push the font size up a little bit (like those of large print books), maybe switch between fonts, and play with margins, but once you get it to that sweet spot, it's nice to stare at.

Obviously holding it directly in your face is not going to give you good results. Holding it like you would a Kindle is better.
Thanks to both of you. I might see if the Apple Store in Fort Worth has one to look at. It is a bit of a drive but not too far away. I found one in a Walmart but it was sealed in a glass display and turned off, and the Walmart sales clerk was no where to be found!