View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 05:59 AM   #357
Marrella
Cambrian crab
Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Pocket Book, Kobo, Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by covingtoncat73 View Post
Right now I'm listening to Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami. I love it (so far)! I was lucky enough to get it (and the above-mentioned audios) on Overdrive from my public library. I love the old man who speaks to cats. I would have gotten this one in a text format if I had paid for it so I could go back and linger over different passages and see how you spell some of these Japanese names.
I also listened to this one recently, albeit in a German edition. The book is wonderful, I heartily second your recommendation. I had the advantage of having read it in English a couple of years ago when it won the World Fantasy Award. I really enjoyed both versions in both languages.

This week, I finished listening to the Lit2go version of Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery, which was very well done too.

I have now two books going (one on my computer and one on my iPod in my bedroom): The Red Tree by Caitlin R. Kiernan and The Land of Laughs by Jonathan Carroll. I read the latter one a year ago and loved it. When I saw that it was one of the whispersync titles at Audible and I could get it for less than 6 dollars, I bought it. I am enjoying both books a lot, both have exceptionally good readers.
Marrella is offline   Reply With Quote