View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 06:48 AM   #9
echwel
Connoisseur
echwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Forma (sold), Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapline View Post
If you paid by credit card that would be proof.
Also ring Kobo they helped me.
Interesting in the UK it seems devices should be guaranteed for 2 years.
Most manufactures seem to only state 1yr.
However I was found it interesting that Nokia and Samsung phones now state 2 years.
In the European Union there is a difference between sellers-warranty and factory-warranty.

Sellers are obligated to give a minimum warranty on electronic products (in The Netherlands 2 years). Whether or not that is backed by the factory is not important. Background is that you may expect a certain minimum lifetime, different for each product. Actually, if you are to expect a longer lifetime than they have to give you warranty for that time, but they may also require you to pay for the time you used it. For example, if a device is normally expected tot last 10 years (vacuum cleaner?) and it breaks down after 8, they have to compensate you for the 2 years. Of course, how long normal lifetime is, is part of the discussion

In the past few years I've seen more and more factories backing those 2 minimum years, because sellers probably are asking them to do so.

For an E-reader, I think, it is not likely that a 10 year normal lifetime is considered, however you can discuss about what is reasonable then.
echwel is offline   Reply With Quote