View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 06:35 PM   #1
jdanniel
jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7
Is Publishing Rough Drafts for Proofreading on Kindle Store Permissible?

Hello. My question deals with finding the easiest and most practical way to distribute a free self-written e-book to mobile device users.

I'm writing a simple e-book that I want to distribute at absolutely no charge. It's yours; enjoy it.

It will be in two formats: EPUB and MOBI. I'd like my question to focus on Kindle for the moment.

I've created a rough draft of the book, just to test the formatting and design.

It's nothing fancy. I want to share the e-book with people, so they can comment on the design and make suggestions.

Right now, I'm using Dropbox, and putting the books in the PUBLIC folder.

But I'm wondering if it would be easier to put the book in the Kindle Store.

That way, it would be even easier for people using Kindle or Kindle apps to obtain the book. With Dropbox, people would have to know where to download the file to. I don't think that would be necessary with Kindle Store, would it?

So, here's the question: Is it permissible to place rough drafts of books on Kindle Store, via Kindle Direct Publishing? Or is that an area where only final, completed books are accepted?

Is there an area on Kindle Store for test publishing, which is basically what I'd be doing…at least at first?

Or would I be better off using Dropbox until the work is completed, and only then put it in Kindle Store?

Thank you for any feedback. J. Danniel
jdanniel is offline   Reply With Quote