View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 02:48 PM   #33
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanna View Post
Kobo Arc isn't dead in the water yet because Kindle Fire is only available in the U.S. Supposedly it's coming to the U.K. at some point, but that doesn't help me. As a Canadian, I have no intention of jumping through hoops to get my hands on a Kindle Fire, and then have to jump through more hoops to get access to content for their forked system. I tried accessing their App store, and frankly after not being successful gave up on Amazon's extra services.

The Arc isn't really aimed at the U.S. market, and it seems that at the moment that's all Amazon cares about with it's tablet. If I choose not to get an Arc, it will be because I'll go with the Microsoft tablet or the Nexus tablet. It certainly won't be for a Fire I can't use.
I've heard about Canadians having issues with getting access to Amazon Kindle content, but...I haven't had any issues doing this with the Kindle App on my Android phone. I've bought tons of books using my Amazon account. Would it be different to get my Kindle purchases/library connected to the Fire with my Canadian address?
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote