View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #59
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dura View Post
I always carry my Galaxy Note phone with me; 500 books in it (and hundreds of hours of music) and the screen si good enough to read from for hours with my 50+ eyes. At home I love reading from my Ipad. I used to own ereaders but I really don't see the point of them anymore, except for reading with direct sunshine on the screen.
I have to admit though, when I'm tired or distracted it is very easy to switch to Freecell or whatever, something that sdid not happen on my ereaders because the games where simply not there.
But so what, complaining about too much choice sounds a little bit spoiled, and I don't think I for one actually read less now that other options are available on the same screen.
The Note/iPad combination is an attractive one for me, too. I'll need to see if the iPhone 5 has enough screen space for portable reading, but if it doesn't, the only thing which might hold me back from the Note is iCal, which my wife and I share. (There is absolutely no possibility of sharing some other calendar. My wife is not going to move out of the Apple ecosystem.)
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote