View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #19
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_tm View Post
Yes - I can confirm this. I've tried 4 pairs of headphones with the M92:

- Stanton DJ Pro 3000 (1/4" with 3.5mm adapter): Left channel only
- Sony MDR CD-570 (3.5mm with threads for 1/4" adapter): Left channel only
- Sennheiser HD-25 (3.5mm with threads for 1/4" adapter): Left channel only
- Audio Technica ATH-CKS50 (3.5mm earbuds): Full stereo

On the first 3, the missing right channel was due to the plastic cover on the M92 preventing full insertion of the 3.5mm jack - it stops against the cover wither when reaching the metal threading for the screw-on 1/4" adapter or on the jacket/sleeve of the jack plug (as on the Stanton). On the earbuds, the jack jacket has such a small radius that it isn't caught by the M92 cover during insertion. This solves my mystery. Onyx should probably take this to heart when planning new hardware. The problem can be solved with a suitable 3.5mm female-male adapter, cutting or filing down the jack sleeve or by cutting away the plastic cover just above the stereo jack connector.

Thanks,

-- Bob (tm)
Thank you, Bob, for clearing the situation!
Now we know what probably could cause that issue. So it is a good pointer to make some changes on the back cover, to avoid problems with headphones with short jack plug in the future..
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote