View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #4
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by schgabor View Post
Thanks Rizla,

yes, I meant the Text Memo tool. And in fact, the hard reset has worked! And I have reloaded exactly the same PDFs, and it works fine (at least until now).

Actiually, I am satisfied with the memos the 950 makes, i can open them in a simple text editor. However, a much welcome improvement would be a device that can export the text exactly as I have highlighted them. Do you happen to know of something like that?

Thanks a lot.
Hi there,

I am one of the developers for PRS+, the one responsible for the SaveNotepadData addon. I recently added the functionality that I think you are wanting. If you have the "Save Contents of Highlights" option on, then when you highlight text in a book the selected text is saved to a TXT file (including the page number). To be honest, I don't know if it will work for PDFs since I have never tested it. But I know it works fine with EPUB files.

Also, if you add a note to a bookmark, the note is also saved to the same TXT file. So it is actually quite easy now to save quotations and then make comments.

Note that the order of the quotations and comments in the TXT file is the order you make them! There is no way to automatically rearrange them into the proper page number order. But you can always do that later on a PC.

Sincerely,
Ben.
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote