View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 06:34 AM   #28
Justin Nemo
Stercus accidit
Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nookpadle 6
I think Harry is saying that authors shouldn't self publish (forgive me Harry if I got this wrong), but for some authors that is the only option. As you rightly say G J once you go down the self publishing route, you have to be a graphic designer and marketer.

I think you are right about it being harder to sell fiction. What I am trying to say (obviously not very intelligibly) is that the next year or two will see a lot more epublishing websites, which will in turn make the finding, buying, selling process a lot easier. Therefore we shouldn't under sell ourselves.

I think I need to qualify an earlier statement of mine, reading back through this thread. I thought it might have been obvious when I was talking about it taking days to write a story, that I was talking about a short story. 10,000 words should only take days to write. I didn't imagine that some people were selling works that had taken them a whole year to write for 99 cents.
Justin Nemo is offline   Reply With Quote