View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 05:29 AM   #10
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
There are certain things I miss from paper books: the simple pleasure of seeing the cover every time I pick it up (which has a big influence on the overall 'feel' of the book, though given the irrelevant nature of some covers that can sometimes be a dubious influence); and especially the ease of navigation, flipping back-and-forth between the text and a map or index entry.

But there are many things I don't miss: holding down the pages of a thick paperback so they don't turn on their own while at the same time trying not to break the spine; accidentally dropping the book and losing my place; and importantly (for me), the ability to buy new books without worrying where I'll put them since my shelves are already full to bursting. The overall experience of an ebook is far better for thick, heavy novels, but I can see a definite place for works with luxury binding or those that require high resolution and high quality printing.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote