View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 10:36 AM   #62
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
That depends on what you consider an MP3 player to be, surely?
My iPod Touch has a lot more features than my iPod Classic.
So has the market has segmented into two:
a) Bargain basement offerings with minimal functionality
b) Multi-function devices that have absorbed the original functionality
Which sounds like what is being discussed about eBook readers too.
iPods never had some of the features of other MP-3 players - No flash card expandability, no reading non-Apple standard formats (such as FLAC or WAV), and no user replaceable battery.

Lots of these are currently being dropped from the (sic) budget basement MP-3 players, and ones like Creative Zen (which had quite good build quality) have dropped open read firmware to have Apple-like lock-in firmware.

Build quality is dropping across the non-Apple board...

I don't want to plug in a tablet to my car just to play music while I drive...

Last edited by Greg Anos; 06-14-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote