View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 05:21 AM   #33
sparkletown
sparkletown began at the beginning.

Device: none
[QUOTE=Hitch;1452143]If I may--for a newb, the best way to START learning how to strip all that crapola might be to start with--dare I say it--BookCreator (or is it BookDesigner? I can never remember the name of that template here on MR). If for no other reason than the user can a) tag all formatting, to preserve italics and bold, and b) strip all the rest of the formatting, and then save and output as filtered html. It won't nuke all the 1800 lines of unnecessary font CSS...but it will eliminate a lot of other crapola, and the user can then work in a good html editor, delete all other unused CSS and start with a reasonably clean file without having spans hung around the neck of every 3rd word.

It's not a "pure" method of learning--but until you have regex down, it's a LOT easier than trying to learn html, css AND regex all on the fly to make a book. Just a thought...

Thanks for that. I checked it out. But Book Designer is for PC 's only! I'm a Mac user - but for all those who can give it a go, heres the link:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Book_Designer
sparkletown is offline   Reply With Quote