View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 04:41 PM   #14
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Yuga View Post
In addition, what works for O'Reilly may not work for others. They're happy to write off unauthorized downloads as a type of promotional cost. Meanwhile, O'Reilly pays a low royalty rate (10%) aren't reimbursing authors for possible "lost sales," and has a tech-savvy and sensitive audience. All of these are factors largely unique to them and their business model.
Also probably a customer base where a reasonable proportion of the sales are corporate. Why go out of my way to get the free version if I'm not paying for it anyway, my company is?
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote