View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 11:48 AM   #19
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I have never noticed any over the top religious or political bent to Card's books. Of course there are lessons and messages there but for the most part he lets me draw out of the books what I want and does not chastise me through his characters.

That is what is important for me. I do understand the desire to boycott a certain author or actor or artist because of their political or social views. There is plenty out there for folks to read, there is no reason to read something that you find unappealing for whatever reason.
I had never noticed it (overt Mormon prostletyzing either) until I came across claims from other people. I bring this up because I really like OSC's thinking on the topic in the article I linked.

As with his books, I just "resonate" with OSC's thinking.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote