View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 12:38 PM   #14
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I live in the US and have never come close to buying a Sony because I originally regarded the need to convert everything into a "closed" format onerous. So I have been using MobiPocket as my target format on multiple devices. However, I now find myself increasingly converting from other formats to MobiPocket (even when a MobiPocket version is available), and if I had a choice for DRMed books I would buy a LIT version over a MOBI because it is a better format (i.e. a better rendition of the original OEB format). Starting from LIT, the two devices are about equal with perhaps a slight advantage to the Sony. If Adobe Digital Editions on the PRS-505 is done right, it may decisively shift the balance in the Sony's favor. However, future software often sounds better than actual software - so I would not base a current purchasing decision of promised future software upgrades.

Overall, this is a choice between two excellent devices. If I had a PRS-505 on order, I would go with the bird in the hand.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote