View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 02:44 PM   #7
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by soafrocentric View Post
Hello Derek,

i have the complete Kit...it came with all accesoories and linux dveplmet tools on it,

I really need help, where do i go from here?
FIRST thing, you make a copy of the entire CD/DVD development disc and send it to me at... No. No. Must restrain myself! (DROOL! To have the dev kit with the EPD drivers. I am SO jealous of you! )

Okay, the real first thing is to get a Linux development system set up. (That is, if you don't already have a Linux-based desktop computer available. If you do, just install the AM200's development tools onto this computer. (BTW, there *may* be Windows-environment development tools on the CD/DVD, but probably not.)

Then snag yourself a set of OpenInkpot sources from www.openinkpot.org as those will contain a rather complete Linux OS for the reader hardware and will have several useful applications such as a GUI (graphical user interface) library manager and a version of FBReader - which is, in my opinion, the best freeware ebook reader out there.

You should also get mIRC or some other IRC app for your desktop as you'll want to be able to log into the OpenInkpot IRC channel. These guys have been developing OpenInkpot and FBReader for the BeBook for some time and may well have more to offer you than I do.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote