View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 08:56 PM   #8
tanir
tanir began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Ericsson P1i / mobipocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenny View Post
Well, I was going to upload this dictionary, but it is over 13MB and the forum software won't let me upload anything over 10MB. If someone will make the necessary changes and let me know, I'll upload the file. I tried using Mobipocket's proprietary high-compression, but after two hours and only half-done, I gave up and used regular compression.

The dictionary is based on the 1913 edition of Webster's (with minor edits). I have reformatted and converted it to a Mobipocket dictionary. I don't have any devices on which to test this dictionary, so I am interested in knowing if it works for you. I am particularly interested in knowing how well it works on the Cybook, as that is what I will probably buy when I have the funds.

BTW, there is a more modern, much larger free dictionary that I can post later, after finding out how well this one works.

Edit: The forum software apparently looks at the file extension and not the actual MIME type, so I had to rename the two parts of the Zip file. The original names were Webster1913.zip.001 and Webster1913.zip.002. This is using 7Zip. Other Zip software may be different.

I assume that now this topic gets moved back to the uploaded books section?
I tried to download the zip file attachments but it has no entry (currupt)
I am really very interested of having a free dictionary for my sony ericsson P1i / mobipocket reader that really works, cause the commercial websters 1913 dont work well in finding the main word, it only referes to string words. I dont use credit cards that why I cant buy dictionaries in the net, you mentioned your gonna post a better one hope I can avail. more power to you.

tanir2002@yahoo.com

Last edited by tanir; 12-13-2007 at 08:58 PM. Reason: additional
tanir is offline   Reply With Quote