View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 07:13 PM   #35
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
I didn't like cartoons, so that took away some of the competition.

The early book-length reading material I recall consists of kiddie biographies, and SF, from the Wynnefield Branch of the Philadelphia Free Library. Since we moved to New Jersey when I was seven, that provides a date. I did not much follow adult suggestion as to what to read, except for school assignments.

Back as far as I can remember, I've been a big newspaper reader. My Dad brought the late lamented Philadelphia Bulletin home each evening, and I read that, starting with the front page stories.
Philadelphia is also the home of the 1st free public library (started by Ben Franklin) if memory serves. Lucky you right in the birthplace of the free public library system.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote