View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 12:22 PM   #4
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Can you point to an example of a book that has been cleaned up in its first few chapters, so the sample looks OK, but the rest of it is poorly formatted? Personally I've never come across such a thing, and would regard it as dishonesty.
Seems to me the last 3 ebooks I've bought--Jack McDevitt's Deepsix, George R.R. Martin's Wild Cards: Death Draws Five, and Wild Cards: Suicide Kings, all looked good in the samples (though I may not have read the entire sample), but after a significant way into the book, suddenly exploded in spelling and punctuation errors throughout the text. I have a fourth McDevitt ebook, so far unread, that I fully expect to find the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Your idea is sensible. Have you proposed it to the big name publishers?
This is the first place I've suggested this idea. I wouldn't expect any publisher to respond if I did write them. Only if they received a groundswell of responses from their readers that, like me, they have no intention of buying any more of their ebooks without such assurance of proofing and quality on their pages, clearly presented at preview time to guide buying, would I expect any publisher to try this. And it's no good unless it's legally binding, and enough to demand refunds of purchases that clearly fail basic proofing efforts (which would scare most publishers away from doing it, right off).

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 10-13-2010 at 12:25 PM.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote