View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 04:08 PM   #5
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Good point about the stylus issue. My more pressing concern would be letting them go at a touchscreen at all. Given that they are taught at this age to point as they read, I am just picturing them accidentally turning pages and exiting the book every time they touch a word, and I don't think that is a problem ebook manufacturers thought of when designing these sorts of products. If we ever do get to a point where the tech is cheap enough and the books available enough that someone wants to market a reader specifically for kids, the touching issue will have to be addressed. Either you don't have a touchscreen and you have a tool they can use to point with, or you do have a touchscreen but you are able to lock it somehow so they can do some things by touching (e.g. have a word read to them?) but not have to worry about them turning the pages by mistake...
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote