View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 09:02 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Unhappy t3 - dead need help with warranty claim

my 6 week old T3 has failed, about 2/3rd of the screen is a corrupt mess & nothing will clear it. I can see from the visible bit at the bottom that page turns, home, etc are working but it is unusable. I reckon the e-ink screen has failed
Have prodded with pin, tried charging etc, plugged into PC ( can see folders & files OK) , but I can't see any way to fix the screen.

it was fine last light - opened the flap this morning & i see just this horrid mess.

So checking sony site - how much hassle am I now in for re an - in-warranty repair or replacement. I have sent an email, the UK phone lines are shut until Monday 7 are then premium rates only

there is no claim/return form as such that I can find.

luckily I still have calibre & my T2 so I can at least read while I wait...

so any tips on dealing with sony will be gratefully received. I purchased direct from their web site & I have the PDF invoice. I just belatedly went through a product registration scree also, it asked for a serial number but I don't see one on the device- I typed "none visible" in the ser no field & form was accepted. do these things have serial numbers ??? I should have the box in the attic if it is on the box...
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote