View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 05:03 PM   #77
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret View Post
I'm using EBW1150 with version 4.2f17 (updated it last week) and cannot surf the web from ebooks.
I rechecked using privoxy and I CAN surf to google Canana News link. I don't know if there's something going on in impserve's HTML parsing process. Maybe the file gets larger? I certainly don't know.
I have the same firmware version on my EBW1150 and also cannot surf the weblinks WITHIN a .imp ebook. It just resets.

However, surfing the 'net from the content/index.html works well; just that the EBW1150 is memory-constrained and crashes when it surfs 'too much', I think. EDIT: I want to confirm that this "crashing" is also exhibited when using the other 'surf the internet' method, Linreb+privoxy!

IF privoxy is enabled, can you THEN surf the 'net from the WITHIN a .imp ebook? What port configurations are you using for impserve, privoxy, and EBW1150 to make that happen! Was 'Google.ca News' the only link that worked? how about the wiki page?

Ret, you always seems to have a solution that works!!!

Last edited by nrapallo; 09-02-2008 at 05:25 PM. Reason: added: this "crashing" also occurs when using Linreb+privoxy!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote