View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #64
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
NiLuJe says here that one of the two kernels is for update mode, which is used for flashing an updated kernel for normal boot mode:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=1026623

In which case it is probably not alternating between boots.
So the two capture files will help to determine that.

One factor against there being two kernels, each for a specific purpose, is that in the image files under discussion here, the two kernels are bitwise (and checksum wise) identical.
Page back a bit in the thread.

PS: If you quote someone, please do not change the text of the quote. That includes any emphasis. I already have include the emphasis that I felt was required in my original.

The normal practice when adding emphasis in written communications is to make a note of "emphasis added".
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote