View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #10
cjr72
Groupie
cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 6p, Nexus 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You misunderstand me, I think. Yes, I'm well aware of this, and reasonable DRM (I consider Amazon's DRM to be reasonable) doesn't bother me in the slightest. Nor, I am convinced, does it bother the overwhelming majority of buyers. You buy a Kindle, you buy your books from Amazon, and if someone asks you if DRM bothers you, your answer is probably going to be "what's DRM?".
And the same was true for those in the itunes music ecosystem back in the day when music files where DRM'd. So why did the music industry move away from DRM? Because the industry came to the realization that DRM is part of what locked people into the itunes system and Apple had become an 800 pound gorilla dictating terms to them. To break that the industry sanctioned mp3 format files without DRM. There's a parallel with the book industry and the Kindle ecosystem. The question is, is the publishing industry smart enough to realize it?
cjr72 is offline   Reply With Quote