Thread: MobileRead February 2012 - Run-Off Vote
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #28
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Last year's romance choice was A Room with a View, also a classic and not very romantic, in my opinion. So, are we to infer that people don't really care for romance as a category and want to tweak it in a more palatable direction? I know this isn't the thread for a discussion of this.
I know I'm shy about recommending the romances I like best and would love to discuss. I keep looking for "more literary" romances, or ones that otherwise stand out away from the genre.

For romance-qua-romance discussions, I read Smart Bitches, Trashy Books. I can't imagine those conversations taking place here, and so I don't think of recommending those kinds of books. Hmm.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote