Thread: MobileRead February 2012 - Run-Off Vote
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 07:12 PM   #23
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I voted with my wallet, as neither novel has any real appeal to me. I'm glad the "free" one won. I will read it, as part of my personal challenge, but I'm having a hard time even imagining that I will enjoy it. I really, really hope Fitzgerald can prove me wrong.

As for Outlander, again, it didn't really appeal to me..at least not in the romance department. It sounds like a perfectly fine SciFi nomination, though.
After reading about the author, her views and her responses, however, I'm glad this book has been set aside for now.

I'm shocked and saddened (looking at the original poll), that people, as a whole, have chosen tragedy over fun, love, sex and possible happiness. How very depressing.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote