View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 05:11 PM   #1
ccowie
Hiding with an ereader
ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS 950, Ipad 2, PRS 350
File conversion from device

I've recently purchased my first book from KOBO. The ePUB version of the file that I download is protected (big pain in the neck) so that I can't add it to my Calibre collection.

For a while I couldn't figure out what to do with it, but eventually I added it to my Adobe Digital Editions and loaded it onto my PRS 505. But, I still want to add it to my Calibre collection for a couple of reasons:

1. I would just like to have all my books in one place for browsing through etc.

2. The ePUB file has that miserable pagination problem that I've run into many times where I get something like "page 11-12", which drives me crazy. I know it shouldn't matter, but I want a page to be a page and I want it to automatically repaginate when I change font size. I usually solve this problem by converting it to an LRF and voila, everything works. But I can't convert the file while it is on my device. Or can I?

Please let me know if I can solve my problems with Calibre or if there is a way I can get rid of the protection. After all, I did buy the book!
ccowie is offline   Reply With Quote