View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 07:31 AM   #128
StillReading
Enthusiast
StillReading began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I'm pretty sure you can't. I don't think it would make sense. It would mean updating multiple books in the library with the same metadata. At that point, they become the same book.
Hmmm, I didn't notice the plugin is able to update metadata itself, I'm using it to create lists (which are probably metadata as well, but not in the "author/title/series"-sense). My use case is that I've got a multi-language library with many titles in two or more languages, and I'm trying to match award lists (like for example winners and nominees for the "Nebula" award) to books in my list. After the list has been created I'm doing the tagging manually.

Quote:
I can see what happens in the dialog, but I can't see what the point is or what happens when the finish button is pressed.
Ah, so it's not only me, thanks (; .

Quote:
You can suggest away. Unfortunately, kiwidude is not doing much plugin development due to work and other things. But, recording a suggestion will be good in case he does return or if someone else is interested. Or, if you want to try your hand at Python and plugin development, you can add the function yourself.
I've had a look at the code of a few plugins, but that stuff is still way over my head. I'd like to give it more tries, but that'll take some time.
StillReading is offline   Reply With Quote