View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 10:10 AM   #6
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkarthikeyan View Post
Thanks a lot. This I somewhat understand, but what I have no clue about is the syantax in Calibre. If
Code:
(?P<title>.+) - (?P<author>[^_]+)
can read a file named like "t_i_t_l_e - firstname_lastname.format" correctly, what would work on the filenames I mentioned? Can you explain that to me? I am totally new to this and have no coidng knowledge. Thanks.
No, I almost never bother trying to read metadata from the filename when adding. I try to use the ISBN in the file to download metadata. If that fail hopefully metadata was embedded in the file. If all else fails I read in the whole filename to title and do some bulk metadata search and replace.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote