View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 08:46 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
I was kind of enjoying Kate Elliott's Crossroads trilogy, starting with The Spirit Gate if I'm remembering right, but I've put off reading the third book for a couple of years, now, for no particular reason except that it's in paper. It's a more traditional "mysterious evil rising" sort of book, but there's not much sign of a quest, and I don't remember any farm boys turning into legendary heroes.
I like the "farmboy turning into legendary hero" type of book. That's why I so much enjoy David Eddings (all of whose books are basically the same story, endlessly recycled, but it's a good story!) and also Elizabeth Moon's "Paksenarrion" series.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote