View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 06:13 AM   #119
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
If the original numbers they were claiming have been doubled were far too low to be believable, yes. If the story said that Apple had originally ordered 17 million for Q2, then doubled it to 34 million, I would cal bullshit the same as I have done here, because 17 million is too low to start with.
But murray, as I said before, unless one knows precisely how Apple does its LCD orders (monthly, every 3 weeks, quarterly, every two weeks, or just as needed?) then it is almost impossible to know from these current reports whether the quantities mentioned are within normal quarterly ranges or not -- except in an instance where the number seems way too high (ie, 65 million).

So if you saw a report that simply said Apple doubled its initial order of 11 million LCD displays in January (not mentioning a quarter) -- and the source was anonymous in the supply chain -- would you pooh-pooh such a report as you are doing here?

Quote:
I don't think I've ever started such a thread, or indeed any pro-Apple thread.
Do you need to be a thread-starter to be a flag waver?

--Pat