View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #30
Sregener
Addict
Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1971 View Post
JUST TURN OFF THE INSTANT NOTIFICATIONS
either SMS or E-mail
And here's the rub: my phone doesn't make it easy to set out a "do-not-disturb" setting when I'm reading, and a "please-interrupt-me" setting when I'm sitting in a dull meeting. Because my phone and tablet do a bunch of activities besides reading, their very multifunction nature makes them distracting to use while reading. Or I can spend 2 minutes turning off the notifications I don't want while I'm reading, and then another 2 minutes when I'm done. But heaven help me if I forget to turn the notifications back on!

And no setting can overcome the migraine-inducing glare when reading my tablet in a well-lit space.

What I'd really like to see is an eInk cell phone.
Sregener is offline   Reply With Quote