View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 04:15 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Salon on the iPhone as an e-reader: Much love little hate

Well, as soon as we heard that 3rd party apps like eReader were to be ported to the iPhone, we knew it's going to be a big hit. Take the latest example, where Mr. Hutsko of the Salon waxes lyrical about the benefits of turning his beloved iPhone into an e-book reading device.

Quote:
Seeing the eReader program icon on the iPhone's screen literally brought tears to my eyes. Seriously. Having spent the last decade reading scores of e-books from backlit cover to cover on Palm, Windows Mobile, Nokia and BlackBerry devices, I thought the arrival of eReader to the iPhone was a dream come true ...

... and at the same time, a nightmare, turning the iPhone into the worst e-book reader in the world, which I'll get to in a minute.
Hutsko loves that he can read at night without a reading light, and that he doesn't need to carry an extra clunky device. So where does the "nightmare" part fit into this? Nowhere, apparantly, unless you consider having hundreds of other iPhone applications to toy with a major disadvantage.

You disagree? Join the Apple missed the boat discussion.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote