View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 08:25 AM   #292
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerotan View Post
I've been following silver18's guide (which is very helpful, kudos ) and have been particularly stuck at the step where the Device Manager of Windows detects the kindle as a Linux USB Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget device. But here's my problem: when I run the putty.exe and plug in the necessary information (IP address etc.), putty.exe freezes and puts out an alert box saying Network error: Connection timed out. In other words, I can't get into logging in as root and mario as password step. What could be wrong?
Stuck in what way? What are the symptoms? Does windows detect the RNDIS device? If so, does windows install a device driver for it? If not, you can download and install a device driver. Did you manually assign an IP address to the RNDIS network interface? What did you do? What did or did not work? Did you charge the kindle battery?

EDIT: Can you ping the kindle from a command prompt? What is the output of the DOS command "ipconfig /all"? You did not supply enough information for us to help you. Please answer the questions.

Last edited by geekmaster; 06-06-2012 at 08:39 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote