View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 02:54 PM   #14
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
Forget reviews, interviews & recs. People don't visit a store to see its rec lists. They visit because they can find what they want--you need a good *search engine.*

Maybe offer a great search engine. Maybe offer personalized layout of the bookstore, so people can view only the things they care about. (If I could get FW to *never* show me DRM'd books, I'd buy more there.) Maybe make the site accessible--let it work with screen readers, with javascript turned off, with all sorts of browsers. Maybe connect to articles about your ebook philosophies.

(I don't feel the store is out to cheat me. I do think it's more interested in its formulas than my business. Which is irrelevant, because I don't buy DRM, and if there are non-DRM'd books, they're not marked.)

I think the Elf hit the key points Allow me to set "My Profile" and have you remember it for next time.

I will use Amazon's recommendations as a BAD as an example:

I don't buy HB, so don't bother me., let me know whe paper is available.
I don't buy "Kindle editions (Hmmm, I wonder why ). GO AWAY with a proprietary format.

I have the xyz version, so don't try and sell me the abc version of the same thing.

I bought the red one, don't try and sell me the "blue, green or black" one.

(did you catch on to my tone here?... They are ANNOYING THE CUSTOMER.

I don't cancel recommendations.

I want recommendations .

I just want GOOD ONES, that are relevant to ME.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote