View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 12:24 PM   #101
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
I propose: We add another award system to specifically honor members with special achievements in our community. This system would go along with Karma points and neither would affect the other.

Before I continue contemplating this solution, I would like to hear your constructive comments. But please, before anything else, let's stop with the accusations and be nice to each other again.
All this sounds great to me. Along with recognizing people who have uploaded large numbers of books, I'd like to be sure to recognize people who have contributed software development to the various device-specific communities. My iLiad is tremendously more useful to me because of those folks, and while I have no problem with giving karma to members for helpful or entertaining posts, I'd like to see some specific recognition for some of these more "serious" efforts.

Regarding the "smiley controversy," I guess I've already indicated in this post where I fall on the spectrum between "Smilies are the rot of all evil" and "posts should consist primarily of smilies." I would add that I find the popcorn smilies invaluable as a humorous way to remind participants that we've seen plenty of certain topics (i.e. DRM) before. I do appreciate that the members here often write at a level that helps considerably in interpreting meaning, but sometimes I think the smilies still help.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote