Thread: New Kobo: Nia
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 04:57 PM   #210
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Actually, a clock would be a good place to start. It's stupidly simple and can be programmed entirely in JS (whether it will work in the Kobo web browser is another matter).

A quote of the day would also be a good first try - I'd have to get and parse an RSS feed, and then display it.
As long as you stick to ES5 (Babel will also work, too) and use a canvas rather than CSS transforms, you should be fine.

For a quote of the day app, I'd actually suggest finding a JSON API instead, and using something like Vue.js for data binding, which makes the implementation dead-simple (even easier than a clock). Also, for any significant amount of remote data, I'd recommend using a polyfill for fetch and ES6 promises instead of trying to deal with XMLHttpRequest.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote