View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 10:28 AM   #33751
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Red:

We already have Teamwork PM. When I switched over to it, in 2011, we thought "oh, boy the clients will love this! they can log in, see the tasks/milestones, leave messages on the messaging (email) system, upload files, etc." Right? EASY-PEASY, right?

Frack no. Within a year, we revised the entire system, so that now, it's all email all the time. We changed it so that the customers can simply send emails to the dedicated email address for the project, (e.g., "LovesSavageFury@messages.teamwork.com") and send files to the files section by the simple expedient of attaching them thereto (or use our dedicated WeTransfer account). Why?

Because they carried on like we stabbed them. "This is too complicated!" "oh, no, I can't deal with all those tabs, I don't know what to do!" (And on and on and on...). Believe me, we tried how-tos, videos...NOTHING worked.

We have PDF handouts, for everything. I have FAQs that could be published books in and of themselves. Online, in PDF format...canned replies...

God, I wish it had. But noooooooooooooooooooo.

Hitch
Oh no, I wasn't suggesting Confluence and Slack for you and your authors.

But writers who co-author works might take to it between themselves. My legal writer pals don't get the 'editors' involved in Confluence and Slack - i.e legislators and their lackeys, many of whom can barely use a 2B pencil.

I came across Confluence/Slack at an animation studio where I do some pro-bono work - they collaborate with people scattered hither and thither.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote