View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 02:09 PM   #5
Akbar
Enthusiast
Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Galaxy tab s3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ky˘dai View Post
This is interesting, but the technology is not exactly new though, is it? I remember the Gameboy used reflective LCDs as well. (Pocket Calculators would be another popular example.)

Possible downside could be a worse battery life, since RLCD constantly draws power, not just at screen refreshes like e-ink.

Another question would be how reflective is RLCD compared to e-ink (how high the contrast)? How good are the viewing angles? (I think at the beginning of the video, when she is holding the tablet at various angles, you can see that the screen gets quite dark as soon as the light does not shine directly onto it.)
You are right, the viewing angles aren't as good as on eink. That being said, I'd be willing to sacrifice it for the screen refresh rate. It'd be interesting to see if they can further improve the viewing angles.
Akbar is offline   Reply With Quote