View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 11:46 PM   #1
Akbar
Enthusiast
Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Galaxy tab s3
Hisense Q5 Tablet hands on video (in Chinese)

Looks like the Hisense Q5 has been released in China. It is amazing to see from the video how fast the screen refresh rate is as it can play videos without hiccups. The background looks as white if not whiter than a standard E-ink display. The screen also seems to have a much better grayscale. I wish this tablet supported pen input. Think about how a tablet with this screen technology would let you use any note-taking app in the Google play store unlike an e-ink device in which you are limited to the built-in note-taking app. I'm hoping that it will soon become a reality in a year or two. I'm also wondering if this RLCD technology will pose a serious threat to e-ink. It is unlikely that e-ink will have this fast screen refresh rate anytime soon.

https://youtu.be/3DBztaY51V8

Last edited by Akbar; 06-11-2020 at 11:56 PM.
Akbar is offline   Reply With Quote