View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 06:39 AM   #22
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
even simpler - if Alexa can read it out loud, anyone in the room can record it

and they can't afford to drop the "alexa read my audiobook to me" option

Amazon should do what they sensibly did years ago with amazon music, [ and what Overdive did for all library audiobooks ] make it all unprotected MP3. I have not seen any reports of damage to sales from that decision.

People who want to pirate always will, people who don't want to will become increasingly annoyed by the extra hoops that honest customers are forced to jump through, and sooner or later, some will join the pirates, rather than buy new hardware which is new-DRM compliant.
the Law of unexpected Consequences strikes again.

e.g. I get increasingly cross with the new HDCP2.2 smart HDMI ports on my 2019 Samsung TV which can't cope with device swap outs, or HDMI switches, and cant handshake properly with the latest 4k fire stick, like the older dumber ones could.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote