View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 11:54 AM   #87
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
I wonder if this Wordstar thing is more myth than fact at this point. I suspect the computer and software exists, somewhere. But I suspect once one becomes an industry, actual typing is done by others.
Quite possible: write it on WS, print, flip to Secretary. Or FTP the file. There are still document format converters that understand WordStart, xyWrite, Word 1.0, and even WANG. Not always cheap but if you still have data trapped in dinoware any price is cheap.

You'd be surprised at the high level types that still don't bother with useful software. Some use Notepad or whatever text editor they learned once upon a time. Or dictate to tape.

Scott MacNeally (CEO OF SUN in its heydey) insisted nobody needed anything but CUT, PASTE, & DELETE in a Word Processor. Around the same time one of the big media companies released a review of the Original PalmPilot breathlessly proclaiming it all the computer anybody would ever need. And then there's the Post-PC myth, the iPad=computer marketing, the endless attempt to sell phone docks...

Plenty of people fail to grasp any computing needs beyond email and social media. And the more money they have the less they have to. They "have people for that".

Last edited by fjtorres; 05-25-2020 at 11:59 AM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote