View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 12:03 AM   #49
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro, Pixel C
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
I listened to a podcast interview with a blind woman a while back. She manages to listen to audiobooks at 5x, and process the information. She's not ingesting it as a "performance", but as a visual-text replacement. I was mightily impressed at that level of audio processing skill.

I'd be impressed too! But I'm a visual person, I couldn't do it.

The other thing with audiobooks, is anytime there is some kind of noise (say my uphill neighbor is having his tree trimmed or the downhill neighbor's kids are making a racket), it's going to make it harder to listen and hear the spoken word. I don't do well at all hearing with other noise around, never have. Whereas noise doesn't impede my visual reading much. Though I have to admit, during wildfire season, I might go through a lot more eye-drops....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote