View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 08:40 PM   #47
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Clara HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Pro, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Anathema seems overly strong, but obviously mileage varies. My top reason for liking audiobooks is that I get through more content and they serve as entertainment when I’m otherwise occupied. Win/win. I can’t read and drive, more’s the pity.
I'm going to have to disagree. I can read much faster than the ebook can be spoken. And I prefer the voices in my head especially for the majority of audiobooks where there is only one voice.

As for driving and audiobooks? The way I can get caught up in a story would make listening and driving a bit hazardous—probably more for the other drivers. Not as bad as a woman breast-feeding her baby while driving on the highway at 110 kmh (my passenger actually stopped texting to take a photo and we still had trouble believing it though Google showed quite a few examples).

In Canada, distracted driving is statistically responsible for more accidents and fatalities than DUI (both alcohol and marijuana). Listening to music/audiobooks/eating/looking at your passenger in the back seat are not quite up to texting as a distraction but they are unnecessary distractions.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote