View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 06:51 PM   #46
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro, Pixel C
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Anathema seems overly strong, but obviously mileage varies. My top reason for liking audiobooks is that I get through more content and they serve as entertainment when Iím otherwise occupied. Win/win. I canít read and drive, moreís the pity.

I find the exact opposite. It's hard to pay attention to an audiobook while actually accomplishing anything else. If I just lay about and listen, well, I read faster than audiobooks get read, so I get through much LESS content with audio. NOT a win at my age!

And it's less fun. I'm big on not just story lines, but HOW authors use the English language. Audio means I have to reverse to listen to something over again, which I find cumbersome, where reading, I can quickly re-savor a great sentence.

So, although I've tried a couple audio books and can enjoy listening to someone read, I vastly prefer a regular ebook. I feel more involved. The audiobook is pretty close to anathema for me. It is LAST RESORT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote