View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 09:37 PM   #11
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
[QUOTE=Purple Lady;3234019]It's free, so no biggie, but I just thought I would warn others in the US that it uses grams instead of cups so it won't work for us. Does anyone know of a way to convert from a weight based measurement to a volume based one?[/QUOTE
Here you go Purple Lady.
http://dish.allrecipes.com/cup-to-gram-conversions/
Here is an online converter
http://calculator-converter.com/conv...calculator.php

I use both metric and American measurements all the time.
Oh and just for kicks and grins, I went and looked at Professional Baking a college textbook and it is in pounds, ounces and grams. Weights only.
The bread recipes read like this
Water 3 lb 1400g 55%
Yeast 3 oz 90g 3.5%
Bread flour 5 lbs 8 oz 2500 g 100%
And so on and so forth.

Not the % are the ratio of flour to the rest of the ingredients.

Side note: my brother is a professional chef. Yes, he screeches because I use measuring cups and I don't weigh everything.
Also flour is heavier on humid days than on dry days. This is why most bread recipes give a range of flour. Hand kneaded not machine bread.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote