View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 11:33 AM   #888
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
[...]That's why I like to get that out of the way in the outline, before I start writing a word. If the outline's no good, I don't write. Once the outline is set, I don't change it, I only embellish on it. Less time wasted that way.
Curiously enough the boring part was the part I had the most advance knowledge of (the part that was planned in any detail). Much the good part was written in a trance and the characters didn't entirely follow the script that I had outlined for them - which may be just as well, considering. One of my problems is that the boring part is important to the story, I can cut to some extent (and probably should), but it can't really just be glossed over, so I have to find another way to tell it.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote